The Community Teams event is an opportunity for people to benefit from mutual support. Teams can be family, social, work-place, sporting group or a combination of all of the above.
Click HERE for a list of teams that have 10 or more entrants. If you would like your team added to this list, simply get your team to 10 or more and provide us with a logo and website link. We'll do the rest.
Individuals who are a part of a team are still eligible for all prizes and awards in the event that they have entered.
The winning team will be the one which secures the most aggregate distance from successful finishers. To encourage smaller teams there will also be a random draw for a second prize from all of the non-winning teams. The full rules are detailed below:
- The “Community Teams” event is a completion based award. It is to encourage participation rather than fast times.
- The winner of the “Community Teams” event will be the team with the highest aggregate distance covered by its members as follows:
- Entrants that complete the 5km event will be allocated 5 points for the team,
- Entrants that complete the 10km event will be allocated 10 points for the team,
- Entrants that complete the Half Marathon event will be allocated 21.1 points for the team,
- Entrants that complete the Marathon event will be allocated 42.195 points for the team,
- Entrants that complete the 2km event (primary children only) will be allocated 2 points for the team,
- Parents / carers that accompany their children in the 2km event may NOT enter a Community Team.
- Notes regarding entry:
- A “Team Captain” must be noted in the participants entry,
- The “Team Captain” will be responsible for distribution of race bibs (if bulk entry),
- The “Team Captain” will be responsible for distribution of finisher certificates after the event (generally hand out at the winning team function for those that attend),
- For teams larger than 20 members, a bulk entry can be made with details provided in an email rather than having all members enter individually via the website. Contact us for more details.
- “On the day” entrants can join a team, however existing entrants may not join a team after Thursday 21 February 2013,
- Only event participants noting team entry details prior to the event will be allocated to the team (eg no requesting people who run on the day to enter your team),
- Individuals who choose to enter multiple events may have results from both events included in the Community Team points (scheduling does make it possible for an entrant to run the 10k or half marathon and then the 5k event though why the heck they would do this escapes me!)
- The winning prize will be a buffet dinner for 50 guests at Indian Tandoori Restaurant in Wangaratta. Additional guests up to 100 in total can be added at just $10 per head. The dinner buffet is usually $29.90 and features a range of great dishes. Plus we can ask Chef to modify the dinner to some degree to cater for specific team needs.
- If the team is predominantly based a considerable distance from Wangaratta then the team prize will be $500 cash to contribute toward a team function.
- The “Team Captain” is responsible for determining the guest list,
- The “Team Captain” is responsible for providing final attendance numbers seven days in advance of the function.
- Event organisers will not establish criteria for the determining of attendees and take no responsibility for the manner in which the “Team Captain” determines the invitation list.
- There will be a second prize awarded to a team other than the winning team at a value of about $200.
- Every finisher not in the winning team will be given one entry into the random draw for second place (regardless of event distance).
- The second prize will remain a mystery!
- For further details contact us.